Help us improve your services - Customer Involvement Groups
At CBH, we want to move on from just involving customers in what we do, to making sure you have real influence in what we do and what happens in your community.
We need to understand more about what is important to you so we can work together to improve our services. You can tell us how you want to be involved by answering these questions and/or making your own comments.
Annual General Meeting
This annual meeting is a chance to review all services received from the past year.
You can raise any issues directly with our Board and senior housing colleagues.
If you would like to find out more about attending the Annual General Meeting, please contact Resident Engagement at email@example.com.
you’re passionate about the customer voice being heard and want the opportunity to make a real difference in how we shape our services, this is for you, the panel is made up of customers, resident board members and CBH colleagues to ensure that we consider the customer in all our decision making.
The Reading Panel
Getting involved with our scrutiny opportunities could be for you if you are interested in reviewing the printed material that CBH produces, e.g. brochures, leaflets or annual report. All comments from our Reading Panel are considered before being passed to the Board for approval.
If you would like to find out more about joining the Reading Panel, please complete the form below or contact Resident Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
QAA: Quality Assurance Advisors
Do you live in a block of flats or sheltered scheme?
If you want to help, make you shared accommodation a better place to be, then this is the role for you.
You will monitor maintenance and cleaning within your block and surrounding grounds by completing our inspection form. You can also raise and discuss issues or concerns you have at our 3 monthly face to face meeting.
If you would like to find out more about becoming a QAA, please complete the form below or contact Resident Engagement at email@example.com.
QAA Meetings :
Greenstead Housing Panel
Do you live on the Greenstead Estate and want to help make your local community a better place to be?
Then this is the panel for you. you’ll ensure that we have a customer perspective on a range of issues including our services and contractors.
You can raise and discuss local housing issues and agree on proposals for estate improvements.
Meeting Dates for 2023
If you would like to find out more about joining the Greenstead Housing Panels, please complete the form below or contact Resident Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leaseholder Focus Group
If you are a leaseholder and want to shape and improve and scrutinise our Leaseholder services, this is the group for you. Receive information on Leaseholder performance and also get a chance to influence our Service Contractual awards by being part of the Tender Evaluation Panel.
If you would like to find out more about joining the group, please complete the form below or contact Resident Engagement at email@example.com.
What does being involved mean?
- You receive an initial one to one meeting to introduce you to the service where you will be provided with an information pack and contact details.
- You will be invited to regular quarterly meetings, where you will meet the Colchester Borough Homes staff and service providers and you will have opportunity to celebrate the successes you have achieved.
- You will have opportunities to attend free training and development courses
- We will use your involvement to shape the services we deliver and feed back on any decisions or changes.
- Refreshments whilst attending meetings and events plus expenses including travel and childcare will be paid.
Our commitments aim to represent and amplify customer voices, increasing satisfaction by listening to and acting on customers views. Through Insight, Influence, and Impact we will deliver what customers have prioritised in the shaping of these commitments
TPAS, England’s leading tenant engagement experts
TPAS – become a free member
Tpas membership enables you to access our expertise, develop key principles, best practice and continuous improvement ensuring you and your organisation can be at the forefront of engagement activities.
Tenant – individual and tenant group
- Receive invites to our virtual and in person round-tables, focus groups and workshops
- Participate in live free webinars and access pre-recorded member webinars
- Opportunities and routes to influence national policy
- Access to our exclusive member Resource hub for all your engagement needs
- Newsletter to keep up to date with engagement news
- Advice on engagement issues via our enquiry service
- Attend our free virtual and in person member only events throughout the year
- Access to our tenant only online networking group to create engagement conversations across England
- Opportunities to share your experiences and opinions
- Chance to gain recognition and share what you are doing
- Opportunities to join our Board of Directors
- Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting
The CBH Board has the strategic responsibility for the whole organisation and supports the CEO in the decision-making process. The Board membership includes CBH Customers, to ensure the wider customer base are represented and views considered. We have a live recruitment process looking to identify and support new resident board members. The Board Meetings and AGM is partially open to the public to observe, details of which can be shared.Being a Board member gives you the opportunity to have direct involvement in the way we deliver services.
We are keen for the Board to reflect the diverse nature of our community, and we welcome applications from individuals whatever their background. Our Board consists of:
- Three Council Board Members (usually appointed by the Council at the annual meeting in May/June)
- Three Independent Board Members (appointed for three-year terms following an open recruitment process)
- Three Tenant Board Members* (appointed for three-year terms following an open recruitment process, which may involve an election)
- The Chief Executive of Colchester Borough Homes
*One Tenant Board Member may be a Leaseholder, providing they live in the property they lease from the Council.
If you would like to find out more about joining the Board, or to register your interest in the next round of recruitment, please contact Resident Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Neighbour and Your Garden Awards
Are you, or do you know, someone who goes the extra mile to make their local area better? Whether it’s through helping others, encouraging wildlife, or creating a beautiful display in their garden, CBH would like to recognise residents who give up their time to make their neighbourhood attractive and welcoming. Residents of all ages who live in properties managed by CBH have the chance to win up to £100 of vouchers through our two annual competitions: the Good Neighbour and Your Garden Awards.
Good Neighbour Awards
Developed in 2008, our Good Neighbour Awards celebrate those tenants and leaseholders that go the extra mile to help, contribute and make a difference towards their local community
These awards celebrate tenants and leaseholders who look after others in their community. Nominations are now open and this year the our Good Neighbour Awards has four categories:
- Neighbourhood Achievement Award (individual or group) – This award recognises a person or a group of people who have achieved something that you would like to see recognised or has had an impact on your neighbourhood. They may have helped organise activities for other people such as street parties, litter picks or setting up singing groups etc.
- Sheltered Neighbour Award – This award specifically recognises the dedication of tenants over 60 years of age who go out of their way to help the people who live around them.
- Good Neighbour Award – This award recognises people who are always there when you need them; they may look after your house or pet while you are away, help tidy your garden or help with your shopping.