Your Garden Awards 2020Closing Date for nominations is 14th June 2020
Are you, or do you know, someone who goes the extra mile to make their local area better?
During these unusual and uncertain times, it’s more important than ever to recognise the hard work that people have put into their local area. Whether it’s through helping others, encouraging wildlife or creating a beautiful display in their garden, CBH would like to recognise residents who have given up their time to make their outdoor space attractive and welcoming.
Residents of all ages, who live in properties managed by CBH, have the chance to win up to £100 of vouchers in our ‘Your Garden Awards’ by emailing us photos of their beautiful outdoor spaces.
This annual competition is for residents who take pride in their property and put in extra effort to make their outdoor space attractive and welcoming.
The categories for the competition are as follows:
- Nature’s Friend: This category is looking for gardens that are appreciated by all creatures great and small. This might include wildflowers for a minibeast wonderland, beautiful bird houses, splashingly good bird baths or cosy bee hotels.
- The Good Life: Sensational strawberries? Top tomatoes? If you like to eat what you grow and have a garden which grows fruit or vegetables, then this is the category for you. Make sure your veggie patch, greenhouse or herb garden is involved!
- Small but perfectly formed: This is the section for those with a beautiful bijou balcony or a perfect patio paradise. The best small garden could feature a great collection of plants, immaculate lawns, clipped hedges or cultivated blooms.
- The Grand Botanical: If your garden is above the small size in the category before, but still contains the same fantastic features, you could scoop The Grand Botanical. This is for gardeners who take care of their garden and have great plants, lawns, hedges or blooms.
- Cultivated containers and pretty pots: We are on the lookout for window boxes, containers or pots with that wow factor in this section. It doesn’t matter what’s planted, whether it be fun, functional, pretty or creative, we would like to see them.
The closing date for nominations is Sunday 14th June.
All photos of shortlisted gardens will be viewed by our team of judges during the last week of June. Marks will be awarded to each garden against the set criteria, which can be viewed here.
To send a photo of your entry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what category you’re entering.
If you would like a nomination form posted to you instead, please call 03300 538022 / 07771 050341, or email Mark Healy at email@example.com. Please be aware that all photos will have to be sent to the above email address.
Your Garden awards
The data you are giving to us will only be used only for the purposes of this competition. It will only be accessed by Colchester Borough Homes and Colchester Borough Council and data will not passed to any third parties.