There are two types of support by either CBH staff or partner organisations for all tenants aged 18 and over.
- Tenancy Sustainment: helps people who are finding it difficult to maintain their tenancy and may be at risk of losing their home
- Floating Support: helps people who need ongoing support to live independently
How can the services help?
The service aims to provide support and help in the following areas:
- Advice and assistance on re-housing options.
- Maximising income and budgeting skills.
- Referrals to specialist services to meet identified health, financial and/or social needs. This may include employment, education, training, statutory health and social care services, local community and voluntary sector organisations.
- Accessing services in the local community.
Tenancy Sustainment service cannot help with social care activities such as shopping or cleaning. It does not find or provide furniture, carpets, curtains or white goods. However, you can apply for these items via the Essex Essential Living Fund. For General Living Expenses (e.g. groceries, nappies, toiletries, and fuel) apply by calling 0300 7900124 between 8:45am – 5:15pm. For furniture/white goods/clothing and footwear/household furnishings by using the online application form.
If you believe either you or someone you know may be in need of support you can contact our Tenancy Sustainment Team directly. Or be referred by family, friends, a community housing officer or other professional such as a social worker, GP or nurse.
If someone else refers you, you must agree to this as we will have to collect personal information about you.
There is a standard referral form for the service below, which you or the person who refers you would need to complete.
The information on the form will help us to see if you are eligible for Tenancy Sustainment. If we think you are, we will arrange an assessment meeting with you so we can ask you some more questions.
How to get in touch
If you would like further information please call the Tenancy Sustainment Team on 01206 282851 or 03300 538029.