Select Page

Alteration Permission

How do I get permission from Colchester Borough Homes?

You can apply for permission by either emailing or writing to Tenant Alterations, Colchester Borough Homes, Sheepen Road, Colchester, CO3 3WG.

Please include the following information:

  •  Your name, address and contact telephone number
  •  What work you would like to carry out?
  •  The location of the works
  •  Who will be carrying out the work and is the person qualified to do the work?
  •  Any drawings or photos that will assist your application

Although we aim to respond to your request as soon as possible, please allow 28 days for a formal response.

What happens after I apply for permission from Colchester Borough Homes?

We may need to visit your home to carry out an inspection, and then we will write to tell you if you have been given permission to do the work, this will be within 28 days. There may be certain conditions that you need to adhere to when carrying out the work. Please do not start work until you have returned the signed acceptance form and have any other necessary permissions.

Do I have to notify Colchester Borough Homes when the work is complete?

Depending on the type of work that you have carried out you will need to inspect the work, you will also be required to send Colchester Borough Homes any relevant certification relating to electrical or gas work.

Will I have to pay for permission?

Colchester Borough Homes do not charge a fee. However, fees may be charged by other services, such as Planning, Building Control or Essex County Council Highways department.

Related Pages