Calling all Colchester Private Landlords!Do you have a private property to rent in Colchester?
Do you have a private property to rent in Colchester?
Colchester Borough Homes (CBH) has two unique offers for renting property to the council, which helps take the hassle out of private lettings for you as a landlord.
The two schemes that we operate are as follows:
The HOMESTEP Scheme
We use this scheme to assist clients who have approached us for help securing them accommodation in the private rented sector.
We will pay:
- One month’s rent in advance paid to you as a landlord direct or your chosen letting agent.
- Five weeks damage deposit
- A choice between the following two incentives:
- A goodwill payment worth up to £750 and if renewed after the first year for a further 12 months, we will make an additional goodwill payment worth up to £375*.
- Landlord Rent & Legal Insurance and/or Tenants Liability Insurance paid by Colchester Borough Homes for the first 2 years*.
* Terms & Conditions apply, please contact one of our accommodation officers on 01206 580291 for more information
We also offer a rent and deposit guarantee bond, this is an alternative to the traditional cash deposit and cannot be used in conjunction with either of the incentives mentioned above.
In return, we ask that you provide one of our clients a 12-month assured shorthold tenancy at the property.
In some cases, we may ask that you have an inspection carried out by our Private Sector Housing Department to ensure your property complies with the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
This scheme is aimed at all landlords, whether you have houses, bungalows or flats to rent in Colchester or surrounding areas, are comfortable managing your own properties or who have an appointed letting agent managing your portfolio for you. Or if you’re are a small portfolio landlord or have numerous properties available to rent out. We want to hear from you!
Our Accommodation Team is happy to provide you with support and advice, free of charge. We will also be available to provide support to you and your tenant when the need arises throughout the tenancy.
We have a large number of families looking for private rented accommodation in Colchester and the surrounding areas. If you sign up for the scheme, we should be able to refer many potential tenants to you, enabling you to have greater choice over who you offer the tenancy to and reducing your property void periods.
If you are a landlord and have a property that we could find tenants for, please complete this form and we will be in touch.
To get more information on the HOMESTEP scheme, click here or contact one of our accommodation officers on 01206 580291.
The Private Sector Leasing Scheme