Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, we value the diversity of our workforce. We understand the strength we gain from having diverse teams, and the different skills and experiences that our colleagues from diverse backgrounds bring. It allows us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
Equality of opportunity is an integral part of the recruitment and selection processes and to this end we encourage applications from under-represented groups. Our recruitment and selection processes are designed to be fair and non-discriminatory, and this guide will help you to comply with our corporate commitment and legal requirements regarding Equality and Diversity.
Treating your application fairly
- We treat all applicants in a way that is consistent with our legal obligations under the Equality Act 2010.
- We are committed to Equal Opportunities in employment. Every applicant for employment will be considered based on their suitability for the position and ability to fulfil the requirements of the job.
- We will not unlawfully discriminate against any person based on age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race/ ethnicity; religion and belief, sex; or sexual orientation.
- We are a ‘Disability Confident’ employer: Applicants who have a disability, and who meet the minimum requirements for a role, will automatically be shortlisted for interview. This is ‘positive action’ that helps to ensure that people with a disability enjoy equality of opportunity and access to employment.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to request any reasonable adjustments to the application process due to disability.
If you need some additional support with the recruitment process, you can find further guidance and tips on our ‘Recruitment Process’ page.