How to Apply
Each job vacancy advertised provides an overview of the position, called a Job Accountability Statement (JAS), the skills needed for the role are outlined in the Person Specification. Please note that we are unable to accept CVs instead of an online application.
You may find the following points useful when completing your application:
- Read the Job Accountability Statement, Person Specification and any other information provided. The JAS explains the main responsibilities of the role, the person the role reports to, whether it involves managing other people and budgets, the location of the department / team and the salary details. These do not need to be returned with your application form.
- The Person Specification outlines the skills the successful candidate needs for each role. It is an important part of our shortlisting and assessment process. Think about what you can bring to the post from your own knowledge,
Experience and skills. This can include unpaid work at home or volunteering in the community.
- Include details where you have supervised other people.
- Ensure you complete the application by the stated closing date. This doesn’t need to be completed in one go, and can be saved as you go along. You may find it useful to keep a copy yourself.
- Remember that you can’t ask a member of Colchester Borough Homes staff, or Board member, to help you with your application. If you do, your application will not be considered.
- If you are the successful candidate, a health questionnaire will need to be completed.
- If you are not an existing Colchester Borough Homes employee, you will be asked to provide two referees. Please ensure that you provide one “employment” and one “other” referee. If you are not currently in employment, please give us details of your last employer
Treating your application fairly
- We will treat all applicants in a way that is consistent with our legal obligations under the Equality Act 2010.
- We are committed to Equal Opportunities in employment. Every applicant for employment will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position and ability to fulfil the requirements of the job.
- We will not unlawfully discriminate against any person on the basis of age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race/ ethnicity; religion and belief, sex; or sexual orientation.
- We are a ‘Disability Confident’ employer: Applicants who have a disability, and who meet the minimum requirements for a role, will automatically be shortlisted. This is ‘positive action’ that helps to ensure that people with a disability enjoy equality of opportunity and access to employment.